When the local Stocksbridge community asked us to set up a crowdfunding appeal earlier this year to help us replace one of our stolen strimmers, we had no idea what the response would be.
However, it’s fair to say that we’ve been blown away by everyone’s generosity so far.
We were originally looking to raise £1,500 to buy an electric (and more environmentally friendly) strimmer but, thanks to a price reduction, the target is now only £1,200. So far, combining the on and offline donations we have raised a fantastic £660 which is over 50% of the amount needed.
As a small charity, we rely heavily on external funding and donations from individuals, whether that’s in time as a volunteer or in hard cash.
If you’re thinking about dipping your hand in your pocket to help out, here are 5 more great reasons to donate to our appeal:
- Donating to charity makes you feel good
- You’ll be helping the local community
- Even small donations can have a big impact
- We’re a part of the local community and have specific knowledge of local areas and needs
- Our strimming work helps to keep local paths and bridleways clear throughout the year
It’s really easy to donate, either online using this link or in person by visiting our office Monday to Friday (8.30am to 4.30pm).
- Images by SVP Volunteer, David Holmes
Crowdfunding appeal: https://wonderful.org/appeal/raisingfundstoreplacestolenstrimmer-2627af7f