We’ve planned a series of 5 cycle routes that show off the best of the Sheffield Lakeland area.
The routes are relatively easy going, although they do take in some fairly tough hills, and range in distance from 5 miles to 14 miles in length.
The best type of bike to use would be a gravel bike, hybrid or mountain bike, as there’s a mix of road and easy off road sections.
Explore the routes on the map below and click on a route to open it in RideWithGPS, where you can view it in more detail and download GPS files and route directions.
Complete all 5 routes and claim a free Trek t-shirt and be entered into a prize draw to win a £150 Trek voucher!
How to claim and enter the prize draw-
1. Cycle all 5 routes, taking pictures of yourself on each and, if possible, also record yourself riding the route on Strava, RideWithGPS, Komoot, GPX, etc.
2. Post an image of each ride on your chosen social media platform, tagging the Steel Valley Project and Trek Sheffield, using the hashtags #SheffLakesCycle #GoByBike
Instagram: Create a new post and tag @thesteelvalleyproject @trekbicyclesheffield
Facebook: Add a post to our page www.facebook.com/SheffieldLakelandCycleRoutes and tag @TheSteelValleyProject @TrekBicycleSheffieldFoxValley
Twitter: Create a new post and tag @steel_valley @TrekSheffield
3. Once you’ve cycled all 5 routes, contact the Trek Sheffield store to claim your free t-shirt and arrange an appointment to collect in store.
4. Closing date: Saturday 24th April 2021
5. All those collecting a free t-shirt before the closing date will be entered into a prize draw to win a £150 Trek voucher.